Using Leftover Food to Feed Animals
What kind of food can be fed to animals?
Vermont laws regarding feeding animals
Specific Food Bans - Full prohibition on animal waste only.
Individual Use Regulations - May feed household garbage to own swine
Federal laws regarding feeding animals
- Ruminant Feed Ban Rule
- Federal Laws Regarding Animal Feed
- Federal Swine Health Protection Act
- The Food Safety Modernization Act Preventive
- Controls Rules for Animals
- FDA Regulations Regarding Labelling
- Leftovers for Livestock: A Legal Guide (08/16)
Examples of this working in Vermont
Tom Gilbert SARE report